The ministry of education in Northern Bahr El Ghazal state has formed a committee to investigate non-candidate enrollment to standard eight and four classes. The committee comprised of eight members.
First-time enrollment of unqualified candidates in the classes comes after the government allowed the school to open for primary eight and form fourth finalize.
The committee will start work next week Monday. The commission formed will get the facts right and report the finding to the ministry about an alleged schools’ misconduct against education policy.
Astonishing random enrollment surprises the ministry of education, they said their records early this year show that the number of students in senior four is 2,200 and standard eight candidates were 7,000 across the State.
The Director-General in the state ministry of education, Seacer Atem Biojo, has questioned unmatched candidates increases, which he said his office has the lists of qualified candidates.
“After we received some information that lowered classes were allowed to join senior four and primary eight by the administration of some schools, then we formed the committee yesterday. The committee will immediately be tracing noncandidates who joined the classes because we don’t want to encourage such a habit against education policies. And they will be starting their work on Monday next week.”
According to the education official, the number of students registered this year is recorded at the public education ministry. He warned that if additional candidates added should need explanation or school face disciplinary measures.
Atem stated the ministry would not allow students who jump classes to sit for the final exam. This restriction will also be applied to candidates who will avoid attending classes regularly.
“Again, my advice to entire parents who allow their children to jump classes is that ministry would not allow them to sit if found that the student or pupil did not follow classes in the right procedures,” said Atem.
Some school administrators spoke to Akolyom FM denied the report.
Mr. Sylvester Otieno, a teacher at City of Glory Academy in Aweil town, said the schools were given registration forms according to the number of candidates submitted to the ministry early this year.
Sylvester said, “according to our school, we don’t allow such, and the reason we don’t allow such because learning is a process that acquires lots of knowledge. When students jump the classes that affect his/her education in the future,” those who exist in the primary class right now are students who sat for primary seven last year. Admission forms were issued according to the numbers in the schools. Still, those in primary seven were suspended according to the ministry of education’s instruction they will be joining next year. “
Another headteacher from Ariathdit Primary school, Mr. Albino Anau, said that they request report forms from students and pupils to enroll in the candidate classes.
“We used report form of that schools, for example, “if the person wants to join us maybe they came from different schools. We asked for report forms that show the student has completed those classes; otherwise, we are very strict on education policy,” Anau said.
Last two weeks, the ministry of education urged the school’s management to follow the education policy.