State government stopped Chinese gold mining activities which have been ongoing in Ngauro area in BUDI County.
The official says Chines mining company must stop their activities until the state cabinets formed.
David Eriga is the Secretary-General of the defunct state of Kapoeta. He says a new agreement needed between mining companies and Eastern Equatoria government.
Eriga stated that Chinese mining workers had been evacuated from Ngauro to Kapoeta town on Monday.
“Chinese and other foreigners national were brought to kapoeta town. They will stay here until the further directives and all the equipment that they could not take, remain with local authorities on the ground.
The previous agreement made when kapoeta was a state, but now we are back to Eastern Equatoria, which requires us to change the deal.
The secretary further said mining activities in the area harms the environment. And companies directed to cover holes created during their operation in the fields to avoid stagnant water, drawing of animals and people.
The Chines Mining Company is not yet to respond on the matter.
This week, five local gold mining workers survive after hole collapsed.
One of the survivors told Singaita FM that he and his friend went to the mining hole after a girl got about 124 grams of gold.
Peter Loboi said the mining is only the business that feeds his families.
The State government has legally allowed the communities to continue with local mining and promised to buy from local people.